Occupancy was granted in December of 2014. Tenants began to move in January 2015. The Jefferson-Madison MSU Extension offices are located on the main floor. Additional retail and commercial space is located on the main floor in the heart of downtown Whitehall. The Borden’s Conference room is also located on the main floor. For more information on the Conference Room and Borden’s, visit http://www.bordenshotel.com/home.html. The building features nine loft-style apartments upstairs. Two of the nine apartments are available as short VRBO’s. For more information visit https://www.vrbo.com/.



Brief History
The Borden's building is a 13,000 square foot, two story brick building that was built by Lott and Hilda Borden in 1913 with additions in 1919, 1929 and 1941.  It housed a café, bar and hotel and was the center of social life for many years. JLDC purchased the building in 2010 and started renovating it in 2014.