Sunlight Business Park near Whitehall
The Sunlight Business Park is a planned 200 acre light industrial and high-tech business park five miles east of Whitehall along Interstate 90. With 13 parcels in Phase 1 ranging from one to eight acres, the park offers commercial and industrial space to suit a range of business uses from large industrial applications to independently owned businesses.
With excellent lines of sight from Interstate-90, the Sunlight Business Park is at the crossroads of the north-south Highway 69 and Montana Highway 2. It is easily accessible from the Cardwell Exit off of Interstate 90.
The Sunlight Business Park sits at the foot of the Bull Mountains and looks out onto the Tobacco Root and Highland mountain ranges offering abundant recreational opportunities. The area has retained its open spaces yet is within an hour drive of Bozeman, Butte, Helena and Dillon Montana.
This park was designed as a mixed use site suitable for industrial and business uses and includes the following features:
- Total 200 acres to be built out in four phases
- Phase 1 includes 13 lots ranging from 1.3 to 8 acres construction completed.
- All utilities at site including community water and sewer, 8-inch high-pressure natural gas lines, redundant electric and fiber optic lines
- Covenants designed to ensure a quality park environment for property owner protection
- Negotiable lease terms
- Local, onsite ownership and management
- Proposed site for wind energy generation to supply "green" energy to park
The Sunlight Business Park is being developed by JLDC, Jefferson County's nonprofit economic development entity. The project has the support of the county as a way to diversify the economy and to sustain the county's jobs and tax base.
Zoning and Regulation
The Sunlight Business Park is zoned industrial and is in the Tax Increment Finance Industrial District (TIFID). Funding for the TIFID will be used for maintenance on park infrastructure and build-out of subsequent phases.
Given that it is located outside of any municipality, the Sunlight Business Park falls under the county's land use regulations. The Jefferson County Planning Department oversees land use planning, subdivision review and zoning compliance and can be reached at 406-225-4040.